2023 CWC Scholarships & Awards
General Student Requirements
- African-American (Black) student residing in either Chemung or Steuben County. (College and non-traditional students must be high school graduates of Chemung or Steuben County)
- Maintain, at least, an 80% grade average as evidenced by an official school transcript or other official school documents. This document should reflect the overall grade average as of the end of the first semester.
- Submit an application package via email or mailed no later than Friday, March 31, 2023.
- If selected as a college or non-traditional student recipient, please submit proof of enrollment in a college or vocational school no later than October 1, 2023.
- We will award scholarships to college or non-traditional student recipients after we have received proof of enrolling.
Awarded to graduating high school seniors. For more information, please contact:
- Monica Bankston at 770-714-4603 or email@example.com
Awarded to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year college students age 23 and under. For more information please contact:
- Ernestine Kyles at 607-739-9245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School RECOGNITION
Awarded to middle school students who excel or show improvement in math, science, or language arts.
Teachers or guidance counselors nominate students.
For more information, please contact:
- Arnette Brooks at 607-331-9250 or email@example.com
Awarded to adult learners, single parents, and other students age 24 and older. For more information, please contact:
- Dawn White at 419-239-8808 or firstname.lastname@example.org